Monday, January 21, 2013

#5 “BLISS”




Two different calls come in that a baby resembling Maddox was seen out by Council & Countyline Roads. By the time we got there we couldn’t find him. Callers both saw him on a big family lot with several houses, trees, and a lake with a dam. A fellow friend, Pam helped me search the large acreage but it was getting dark and I continued to call his name – there were so many places he could be hiding. We spent so much time in the dark searching and we decided we weren’t going to have any luck with it so dark, I left food, a ball and a pair of my socks so Maddox will smell my scent, I knew this had to be Maddox. The next morning, I was back at the family farm at 5:30 AM, still a few hours before the sun would rise and I sat anxiously waiting for the sunrise. Pam was there at sunrise and we began searching through the woodsy area near the pond. Several hours later as we are searching the other side of the farm, we see a Min Pin. Definitely, not Maddox, but a very adorable female Min Pin. We spent the whole day trying to catch her, with me staying with her on foot and Pam following behind in her car. Just as I would get close, she would run away and sit down to see what I was doing. After many hours of this, we decided we needed an expert to trap this quick little girl. We called in an expert with a trap. She went into the trap several times, but was so small the trap release never went off! With a lot of help, we were able to sit by her, feed her so much we were finally able to put a slip leash on her. She ate so much that day her belly was so big! 

UPDATE:She is definitely an Angel sent to us by God, she is now living in California with us and awaiting the opportunity to meet her brother Maddox, she is such a sweetheart and has been such a comfort to us while we continue our search for Maddox. She is a little girl at only 7lbs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment